Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position will be located in Madison, MS and will report directly to the Strategic Sourcing Manager. The primary role of this position is to develop and execute pre-award sourcing strategies, cultivate strong supplier relationships and provide a mature, established supply base as part of the post-award transition.
- Establish and maintain a robust and dynamic supplier network.
- Work closely with Business Development to develop comprehensive pricing strategies in support of new business opportunities
- Work closely with Subcontracts and Procurement to find new sources for hard to find parts and services
- Work closely with Quality, Subcontracts and Procurement to set up new suppliers
- Conduct Supplier Capability Assessments, as required
- Manage RFP / RFQ process with suppliers, evaluating supplier bids and driving the source selection process
- Negotiate with suppliers and manage the contractual aspects to ensure compliance with required corporate governance and approvals
- Manage the pre and post contract administration of contracts and subcontracts which may include management of risk, compliance, audit reviews, establish and maintain key performance metrics, review of applications for payment, valuations and payment certificates
- Fully understand, negotiated and execute the contract terms and conditions and manage their flow down to suppliers / subcontractors
- Ensure that all tasks are delivered to optimize returns and minimize risk
- Develop, negotiate and implement Long Term Agreements with suppliers in line with business requirements
- Manage the overall relationship with suppliers, including supplier performance
- Manage cost reduction activities by the development of sourcing strategies to drive out costs including value engineering, re-sourcing and use of low cost countries
- Drive program level "re-pricing” strategies, throughout the program life-cycle, to maintain a competitive landscape
- Play a key role in formulating and implementing the Make/Buy strategy for the appropriate business area(s)
- Manage subcontracts for products including supplier schedules to meet requirements
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers/vendors
- Increase "customer” satisfaction through the provision of materials and services ensuring that cost and lead times are reduced
- Operate in a constructive and co-operative manner with the key relationships noted above and to uphold and promote Company values
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of directly related work experience in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, or Associate's degree plus 6 years of directly related work experience in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, 4 of which must be related exempt experience or High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 10 years of directly related work experience in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, 4 of which must be related exempt experience, and at least (3) years procurement of aviation / aerospace products and services.
- SAP experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following government regulations: Federal Aviation, Federal Acquisition and Government Property
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills
- Experience in contracting with the U.S. government is preferred
- Experience drafting, vetting and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing people
- Skilled negotiator with experience in project management and supplier performance
- An ability to interface well at all levels within the business and outside to customers, partners and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and executing strategies
- Personal skills enabling a functional culture of effective teamwork
- Able to interface across all levels of the business and the organization
- Able to address and manage several different actions/issues at the same time
- Strong influencing skills and relationship management skills
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account