Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Nesco Resource is seeking a Sr Mobile Device Software Developer to support our client in Detroit.
Defines, designs, builds, tests, deploys, and supports software systems. Leads and develops technical and business systems related activities of major significance to the Customer. Coaches and counsels project managers and Customers on technical solutions. Responsible for assisting in the business proposal process. Develops principles and concepts and innovative solutions for the Customer enterprise. Develops/maintains depth and breadth across lines of business. Regularly interacts with senior management/major Customers. Interactions normally involve complex situations and/or influencing and persuading other strategic level managers. Provides application programming/systems development and support for complex systems. Sets technical direction for the project/application. Provides program/project leadership for Customer solutions. Engages in business development. Develops communication plans for projects based on a systems view. Teams with Customers to assess concerns/requirements and develops specific strategies. Integrates interrelated projects and manages projects Leads technical planning process. Defines consistent project management standards and procedures across the organization. Employs consistent measurement techniques. Informs Customers about emerging technologies and business implications based on the project and their overall business. Develops intermediate and detailed schedules that support the high-level master schedule and understands the interrelationships among the various levels of schedules. Develops alternative proposed project plans to support new business opportunities. Develops project management deliverables required to support a request for proposal or quotation. Evaluates Customer business, technical architecture processes, and objectives using the business enterprise models. Leads in the application of the organizational change management process to facilitate a smooth Customer implementation.
Proven experience developing software in one or more of the following domains:
Mobile for Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) platforms or other mobile device platforms. Provides leadership and guidance to others when working with the Customer. Understands the Customer’s industry and is familiar with related industries. Handles diverse, complex assignments concurrently. Reviews project plans prepared by others in the organization. Applies broad-based knowledge and experience to identify, evaluate and recommend new processes and tools. Recommends appropriate technology for project tool selection.
Experience 3 years +
Functional skills & experience required
The Software Engineer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework. This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will assume a lead role for various practices and decisions. This person will…
• Test-drive code
• Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
• Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes
• Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
• Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
• Pair program with different people in many situations
• Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
• Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
• Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
• Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
• Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
• Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
• Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
Non-functional skills & experience required
• BS in Computer Science or other field of study along with applicable work experience
• Experience with Android UI design (including custom views)
• Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP)
• Experience with Android Activities and Fragments
• Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
• Firm understanding of Intents, ContentProviders, Services, BroadcastReceivers, AsyncTask, Handlers and AIDL.
• Experience with SQL Lite on Android
• Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
• Experience using source code control systems such as Git
• Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
• Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
• Must have the desire to be a people leader
• Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
• Experience as developer on App(s) publicly available in the Google Play App Market
• Experience with native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP practices such as test driven development and pair programming
• Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines
• Experience with mapping and search providers
• Experience with other Google APIs (licensing, in-app billing, etc)
• Experience developing Android Widgets
• Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors
• Experience with Internationalization and Localization
Apply by creating/using an account