Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Director, IT - Servicing IT
Responsible for the management of and delivery of IT application systems and enhancements to support our Mortgage Client's Servicing Department. Responsible for working on assigned business channel (Loan Integrity, Loan Administration, Customer Care, Default) and cross-functionally with business units and IT groups to fully define and execute the required efforts needed to deliver superior IT solutions. Serves as subject matter expert for the assigned channel and manages the delivery team of business analysts. Responsible for managing complex IT related projects from concept stage and development to implementation. The ability to effectively communicate and gain approvals from key stakeholders is critical.
Essential Job Functions:
· The ideal candidate possesses superior IT knowledge and communications skills, and demonstrates the ability to effectively manage key relationships and challenging situations with all levels of management.
· Supports assigned business unit, including project prioritization, management and requirements gathering for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
· Demonstrates detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes.
· Interfaces with business units to define business requirements.
· Plays a key role in educating the Business and IT community on the applications, evaluates the proposed solutions with the business partner for acceptance.
· Defines requirements for testing and assesses the impact of implementing the proposed solution.
· Works with the developers, System Analysts, QA and Operations to review requirements and provide thought leadership through the development cycle.
· Project manages all technical aspects of project applying SDLC processes.
· Serves as a technology thought leader for assigned business functions and advises business partners accordingly.
· Manages and mentor's direct reports and other business analysts on the team.
· Develop and implement a complete project plan to satisfy agreed customer business requirements.
· Lead assigned projects within the organization through the project lifecycle, including project intake, prioritization, analysis, specification, design, development and deployment.
· Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks and develop detailed project schedules, project estimates, and resource plans to ensure the optimization of resources and achievement of project objectives.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously with several stakeholder groups.
· Deliver business value though on-time and on-budget delivery of results that exceed customer expectations.
· Identify, track, and proactively apprise management of issues and risks effecting project status, and offer compensating solutions.
· Build and execute effective project communication plans to ensure stakeholders, team members and impacted parties are appropriately apprised of the project goals, expectations, status and delivery.
· Lead or collaborate with matrixed teams comprised of IT and business, as well as internal and external resources including third party vendors, to ensure successful project delivery.
This position will have direct reports who will need to be supervised, assigned work and mentored in order to deliver quality products and provide excellent customer service to the business partners.
Education and/or Experience:
· BS/BA or equivalent preferred
· 5+ years mortgage experience/financial services
· 3+ years of mortgage technology and software development experience desired
· 3+ years of supervisory experience desired
· Strong leadership and relationship management skills are required
· Extensive knowledge of business process, technology systems and applications required; Advanced understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Project management, business analysis skills, excellent judgment and problem solving skills are required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools with particular skill in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong presentation skills to all levels of management.
Apply by creating/using account