Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Great system architects have a strong technical background and excellent design skills, to develop a unified vision for the end-to-end system and software characteristics and functions. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of software that will result in high quality systems.
We are looking for an experienced System Architect for our Engineering Productivity Team to analyze business and customer requirements, create architectural approaches and design documents, and provide technical advice for software development for addressable advertising across cable, satellite, and internet. As a key contributor to the team, you will be responsible to meet business objectives while working with other senior members of the team as well as Product Management. You will act as technology expert to address systems, software integration, and compatibility issues. You will review functional, technical, and business requirements and work with project teams to ensure that the architecture, overall design, and implementation meet company goals.
· Initial design and initial architecture of complex distributed systems for software development.
· Create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
· Create design documents using Enterprise Architect and other tools.
· Take ownership of assigned features and projects, and shared ownership of overall solutions.
· Constructively present and discuss alternatives.
· Create prototypes or demo systems.
· Provide consultation on complex projects and be the top-level design specialist.
· Provide guidance or technical knowledge for a team of developers through the project to completion.
· Have internal interface with several departments including TechComm, Product Management, Support and Program to clarify and refine requirements.
· Develop high-level and more detailed product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
· Work with teams to architect and design systems that require cross-component coordination.
· Collaborate with developers to ensure consistency and interoperability of applications and services.
· Understand the broader context of the technology vision, considering the overall interaction between components as well as the applicability of the technology.
· Assess the compatibility and integration of technologies proposed as standards, in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
· Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; an advanced degree in area of specialty preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years of architecture experience as a system or software architect
· 10 years of experience designing or developing software solutions
· Excellent knowledge of UML and modeling methods
· Experience developing distributed systems, especially Cloud-based deployments
· Experience designing and developing connectivity solutions and interfaces with third party applications
· Expertise in Cloud-deployed SaaS architectures; a specialist in containerized, elastic deployments
· Knowledge of internet video streaming
· In depth expertise designing using Use Case Models, Class Diagrams, Entity-Relationship Diagrams, Deployment Views, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagram
· Expertise in the application of architectural and Object Oriented design patterns
· Experience using software design and analysis tools such as Enterprise Architect
Highly preferred candidates also have
· Experience with full product lifecycle
· Broader video engineering experience such as IPTV, MPEG encoding and transport, multiplexing and ad insertion
· Expertise in User Interface/User Experience
· Cloud security design knowledge
· Knowledge of SCTE, IAB, and other industry standards
· Experience with enterprise system scalability, performance, and high availability for distributed and hosted software
· Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
· Excellent problem solving, teamwork and collaboration skills
· Must be flexible and able to manage workflow and shifting priorities
· Ability to take on tasks with minimal direction
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Apply by creating/using an account