Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We're seeking a Technical Product Manager to take responsibility for the development and ongoing enhancement of one or more products within our client's industry leading product suite. In this position, you will join one or more agile scrum teams as a Product Owner. You will work with key internal and external stakeholders to gather user stories and develop product vision. You will determine product evolution by prioritizing product backlogs. As a scrum team member, you will work closely with engineering colleagues to help them implement the product vision.
The Product Owner will work in a market-driven team composed of other Product Owners in order to define and execute a coherent, cross-product vision that supports broader business goals. As the Product Owner, you will also act as an information radiator, evangelizing your products, and will be directly involved all phases of product evolution and deployment.
· Work within the product team to define a coherent cross-product strategy, and to execute that strategy.
· Work with the product team to create product roadmaps that reflect the broader product strategy.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders, including product management, program management, and customer support, as well as the customers themselves, to identify, define, and break down complex requirements into achievable user stories.
· Evangelize products and product releases to existing and prospective customers in order to drive adoption in the marketplace.
· Author technically focused user stories, and to collaborate with engineers to break down and clarify those user stories in order to produce achievable work items.
· Manage the product backlog, prioritizing user stories to drive the greatest business value aligned with broader strategic goals.
· Define and manage the execution of product releases that align with the product roadmap.
· Co-author or review written materials such as product documentation, release notes, product bulletins, and other materials.
· Write presentations, brochures, and other materials, as part of acting as an information radiator for your products.
· Work with engineering teams to clarify and enforce a rigorous definition of "done ", in order to ensure the resulting products are of the highest quality.
· Work with product architecture to understand and advocate best practices for development of large, scalable, reliable software systems.
· Help identify, document and reinforce best practices within the organization.
· Work with the product team to establish goals and metrics for measuring effectiveness, and to monitor and report on progress.
· 4+ years Scrum experience, with at least two as a Product Owner.
· 3+ years software development experience.
· Strong knowledge of agile development practices (particularly Scrum), methodologies, and tools.
· Hands on experience authoring and refining user stories, grooming product backlogs, and prioritizing conflicting requirements.
· Outstanding technical and non-technical communication and presentation skills.
· Experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to both collect requirements and to communicate the product vision and status.
· Has stepped into new and unfamiliar markets and business environments, and learned to identify and translate the requirements of those environments into a coherent product vision.
· Experience learning and understanding complex systems from technical descriptions.
· Experience advocating for and evangelizing points of view in order to influence decision makers.
· Experience developing and/or managing complex B2B systems that must be both scalable and reliable while integrating with existing, complex business processes.
Highly preferred candidates also have
· 1+ year architectural or high-level design experience.
· Experience developing software for both Windows and Linux.
· Experience designing and implementing successful SaaS products.
· Strong high-level understanding of scalable web application architecture.
· Experience building complex applications that present the user with a simple, intuitive, coherent user experience.
Apply by creating/using an account