Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Communications Specialist provides communications support for Learning and Change Management initiatives with the objective of improving employee awareness, understanding, and engagement. The role supports business unit SMEs, Change Managers, Learning Partners and Learning Managers in communications requirements gathering, needs analysis, and in the development and execution of communications plans as needed to drive project and operational success. Additionally, the role is the central point of contact for oversight [in terms of design, standards, administration, and maintenance] of the CDCS SharePoint sites.
The Senior Communications Specialist utilizes a broad range of communications vehicles and leverages a variety of platforms and partnerships to ensure relevance, timeliness, and effectiveness of CDCS communications within the business unit and across the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
· Maintain awareness and working knowledge of existing communications platforms available for use within CDCS such as informational portals, group distribution lists, newsletters, Yammer sites, etc.
· Maintain awareness and working knowledge of information sharing and collaboration platforms available for use within CDCS such as SharePoint, Blackboard, etc.
· Research and maintain awareness of new methodologies and tools for effective business communication; propose and help launch new tools and solutions as appropriate
· Facilitate requirements gathering and conduct needs analysis as pertains to program/project communications
· Contribute to and/or build appropriate program/project communications plans, leveraging past experience, understanding of existing platforms, tools and methodologies, and potential opportunities to incorporate improved methodologies
· Author and/or edit content appropriately for all levels of audience and fit for purpose across all communications mediums in use within CDCS
· Maintain a working knowledge of survey and assessment tools and methodologies; build and analyze assessments in support of Learning and Change Management initiatives.
· Execute against communications plans in a timely and effective manner
· Independently manage time and deliverables across projects
· Develop appropriate and creative communications solutions in various mediums including hard copy [brochures, posters], voice and video recording, email messaging, speeches/talking points, presentations, etc.
· Develop [and/or compile] and maintain a library of forms, templates, and tools that facilitate the CDCS Learning and Change tiered service delivery model including self-service offerings
· Provide oversight to CDCS for SharePoint site design, administration and maintenance
· Manage (administration and content) the Global Learning & Change Management SharePoint Site
· Solid Business Communications Core: 3-5 years writing content for and producing/building communications vehicles (i.e. SharePoint Sites, Newsletters, Websites, Videos, Executive Briefings, Managerial Talking points, Presentations, Brochures, etc.) in support of business initiatives
· Work-stream leadership: At least 1 year experience in a project or work-stream lead role demonstrating ability to: facilitate project meetings (i.e. requirements gathering, planning, analysis), build out and manage to a project plan, and collaborative with team resources
· Advanced SharePoint Ability: At least 1 year experience building and administering SharePoint team sites (preferably SharePoint 2010)
· Experience within a CRO or pharmaceutical company
Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses:
· Bachelor's degree
· Solid Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.]; ability to use the internet effectively, comfortable learning new applications
· Project Management: Working knowledge of Project Management principles
· Working ability to use Photoshop or equivalent graphics application
· Working ability to use Survey Monkey, Fluid Surveys or similar tool to develop and analyze assessments
· Working ability to use social media for business applications
· Basic understanding of the workings of a CRO and/or the drug development process
Apply by creating/using account