Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Rules Management Business Analyst
Education: Undergraduate degree
Experience: 5+ yrs in consulting or equivalent experience in the Financial Services industry
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
Background on the position
The Compliance Rules Management Central Team is responsible for establishing the next generation of processes and technology to support regulatory change management activities, an authoritative rule inventory and integration with related processes.
The Rules Management Business Analyst will join our Client's Compliance Rules Management Central Team and will play a critical role supporting the business analyst efforts for the rules management technology application, "Themis”, and related technology project implementations, covering: data analysis, designing, documenting, and testing the system. This individual will execute projects across all phases of software development lifecycle. They will be the primary interface for Themis between Compliance and the Technology team and also work closely with users of Themis, including personnel within the Legal and Compliance Division, as well as other 2nd line functions, 1st line and Internal Audit.
· Supporting business analysis activities for Themis development including release planning, holding user requirement sessions, drafting business requirements, participating in system design, running user acceptance testing, etc.
· Assisting in the execution of troubleshooting and issue investigation to improve Themis
· Identifying opportunities for, and support adoption of, process enhancements to Themis
· Prioritizing enhancements / defect fixes in partnership with Rules Management leadership and technology development team
· Contributing to strategic projects focused on integrating systems across the governance risk and compliance platform
· Developing MIS to support repeatable, consistent and sustainable metrics across the program
· Participating in data vendor analysis
· Leading ad-hoc data analysis exercise
· Providing assistance to users as they adopt Themis
· Undergraduate degree required
· 5+ years of experience in Compliance and/or financial services industry
· Proven track record of executing business analysis activities for large scale global systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Creative problem solver with high level of learning agility and initiative
· Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to maintain attention to detail across multiple simultaneous projects
· Interest in or appreciation for technology
· Program management and project management experience
· Ability to work with global and cross-functional teams spanning LCD, Technology and the Firm
· Ability to analyze data and use numbers and quantitative arguments to inform strategic decisions
· Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio Skills
· Compliance, regulatory and or financial industry experience
· Proficiency with business intelligence tools such as Cognos, Tableau or QlikView
Apply by creating/using account