Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
API Specialist - SME Consultant
In need of an API Consultant for an engagement in Malvern, PA.
API specialist is responsible for leading the APIfication initiative for the Advice Business in their journey of exposing selective business services as APIs – for internal and external consumption. The associate would be responsible for helping to identify the business contexts that constitute the Advice Business platform, defining the bounded context for conceptual API models, designing and implementing APIs in a service-based architecture (micro-services), and optimizing API development and governance process within the unit.
Candidate must be able to lead and guide a team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to arrive at required business objective.
Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
Candidate for this position ideally be able to play different roles within the team, from lead architect to consultant and technical evangelist.
This is a client-facing role: the candidate must have a sound understanding of API and technology architecture but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences .
· Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and APIfication related activities: requirement analysis, service & solution architecture and design
· Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
· Knowledge of APIGEE Developer portal and Layer 7 API Gateway, or other API management platforms
· Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
· Knowledge regarding APIs applied to business: API Economy, Monetization / Billing, Industry use cases
· Proven track record of acting as SME for APIfication projects
· Knowledge and experience designing and implementing API Governance
· Knowledge of Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
· Understand Domain Model and Object Models and discuss with Domain Modeling team and proposing optimal model
· Experience of integrating APIGEE and/or Layer 7 tools with DevOps tools like Bamboo, Maven, etc.
· Experience with Swagger DocsSwaggerHub, and Swagger Annotations
· Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks, inclusive of Cucumber and contract testing
· Knowledge of API resiliency and cloud-based development best practices
· Experience with migrating data from legacy repositories to AWS/cloud data architecture
· Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
· Knowledge of DevOps concepts
· APIGEE Dev portal & Layer 7 API Gateway, or other API Mgmt.: 5 years
· acting as SME for APIfication projects: 8 years
· Hands-on API management platforms: 8 years
· API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId): 8 years
· APIfication req analysis, service & solution architecture: 8 years
Apply by creating/using account