Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Infrastructure PMO is responsible for defining and driving adoption of program and project management best practices across Infrastructure Technology within a fast paced financial services company.
The Technical Project Manager role will be responsible for the early stage planning and co-ordination of a firm wide upgrade from Windows 7 OS to WIN10. Working with technology leads to define a project plan from configuration research and definition, to environmental data gathering and analysis to implementation planning and execution. Responsibilities include; creating project plan of activities to achieve milestones and final execution, arranging and driving necessary meetings to progress activities, working with team members to assess solutions for appropriateness, gathering and maintaining user and asset level data required to execute rollout, status reporting and progress tracking, risk & issue management and client expectation management.
The PM anticipates and identifies project issues and risks, escalates for transparency, recommends solutions and works with technical teams to implement solutions. The PM will also provide regular reporting covering project\program status including major deliverables, risk factors and financials.
1. Principal Responsibilities
• Responsible for all aspects of project management throughout the project life cycle.
• Be involved at a technical level with identifying and validating the activities required to successfully progress the specific project of migrating to WIN10.
• Work with the technical leads and project team members to document requirements, identify resources and develop detailed project and resource plans.
• Gather and maintain user and asset level data required to execute rollout
• Manage scope, schedule, and dependency and ensure quality of project deliverables.
• Identify issues and risks and work with project team to develop mitigation plans and provide timely escalation.
• Conduct project meetings, track and monitor tasks, milestones, deliverables, risks and issues.
• Organize and coordinate Steering Committee meetings and stakeholders' engagement
• Ensure quality of project management work, timely updates, prepare and collect project related artifacts.
• Provide regular transparency, status reports and escalate risks and issues impacting project delivery.
• Identify project level metrics and KPIs relevant to the book or work, collect data, analyze trends and report on performance.
2. Qualifications/Skills Required
• 10+ years within IT managing medium to large technology projects.
• Experience in managing large global End User programs such as Win10 upgrades, including all the dependencies with applications, hardware, resources, and financials.
• Experience in desktop engineering and operation
• Ability to write queries to gather and analyze data to track progress, identify trends.
• Experience with issue tracking tools like Jira.
• Persistence to drive team and ensure tasks are completed on time and issues are remediated.
• Familiarity with both physical and virtual desktops, application packaging and distribution.
• Enthusiasm & drive, results orientation, and self-motivation traits.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal skills and communications both oral and written.
• Intimate knowledge of all phases of full life cycle development.
• Proficient knowledge of analysis techniques, tool usage and standards.
• Must possess strong meeting facilitation skills and chairing steering committee meetings.
• Attention to detail.
• Previous experience working in financial industry is a plus.
• Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure, and to manage multiple deadlines
• Client focused and results driven.
• Proficient in MS Project, ServiceNow, Excel and other project management tools.
Apply by creating/using account