Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior API Engineer
To provide senior level design, development, and implementation of APIs in a cloud-based micro-services architecture
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides senior-level expertise in an initiative to build or re-platform select business services as APIs for internal and external consumption
· Defines the bounded context for conceptual API models. Writes specifications for APIs.
· Designs, builds, and maintains APIs in a cloud-based micro-services architecture. Re-platforms existing applications to API, cloud, and micro-services architecture with minimal impact to consuming applications.
· Collaborates with other functions (architecture, business, etc.) to optimize API development and governance processes
· Evangelizes best practices for API design and development across project teams
· Provides leadership and guidance to a team on developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems to satisfy business needs
· Develops automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using TDD methodology
· Implements instrumentation for monitoring product health, business metrics, and consumption patterns
· Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
Ideal Technical Background
· Experience with developing Java REST services – Spring, Jersey
· Experience with API management platforms – Apigee, Layer7
· Knowledge of "API-first” design standards, patterns and best practices
· Knowledge of API resiliency and cloud-based development/engineering best practices
· Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks – mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
· Experience with API security standards and implementation (OAuth, OpenId)
· Knowledge of API Economy and monetization concepts and use cases
· Experience with API governance processes
· Knowledge of cloud-based data stores - Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS; experience migrating data from legacy repositories to cloud data architecture
· Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
· Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
· Experience with Lean Agile, experimentation, or test-and-learn approaches to software development
· Experience with collecting data and analytics on software usage and incorporating them into product plans
· Ability to frame and measure project work in terms of business outcomes
· Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
· 5+ years software engineering experience.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
Advanced knowledge of the following software engineering practices and concepts
· Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
· Test/Quality assurance methodology
· Systems analysis and design techniques.
· System/subsystem requirements.
· Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
Apply by creating/using account