Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Application Support Engineer
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION
· All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· Local candidates only are being considered at this time.
· All employees must pass required background screenings and drug testing.
We are looking for an experienced, responsible custom Application Support Engineer who uses complex problem-solving skills to join our growing support team. As an Application Support Engineer, you would use your technical knowledge and "people” skills to help solve technical problems and ensure an excellent customer experience. The ideal candidate is a self-driven, quick-study, who is an out-of-the-box thinker and natural problem solver with highly effective troubleshooting toolkit.
You will be training and working with a team of energized and driven support engineers who have deep knowledge of our products and clients. You will be given ample information and training about our custom solution to support our clients. You will become an expert in all aspects of the product(s) and provide professional, courteous and timely support for all issues reported. You will also assist with implementation and configurations processes.
· Must have demonstrated through prior successes being responsible and trustworthy to work independently.
· Identify the root cause of custom application malfunctions by using superior troubleshooting skills.
· Effectively write emails for clients and internal stakeholders.
· Capable of working on multiple projects/issues at the same time and ability to change priorities with little notice.
· Ability to work independently, handle confidential information, and comply with company procedures.
· Have the foresight to anticipate and address potential issues before they become issues.
· Keep detailed records of all incoming issues, actions taken and resolution.
· Escalate issues as needed to Engineering or Development teams.
· Work with team and cross functional teams when potential issues are identified.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and work experience in the basics of database management, application development, etc.
· 3-5 years' experience providing support for complex software systems
· Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases
· Working knowledge of IT Hardware and Software
· Self-starter with the ability to learn and pick up new technical concepts quickly
· Ability to learn and master custom software
· Strong analytical and complex problem solving abilities
· Ability to diagnose and address application issues
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
· Bilingual: English/Spanish
Highly preferred candidates also have
· Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, UNIX, Linux, and command line scripting skills.
· Networking concepts (TCP/IP)
· Cable headend experience
· Cable traffic and billing experience
· Data analysis
Apply by creating/using account