Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Director of Telecommunications Operations – Voice Services is responsible for the oversight and management of the Enterprise voice and telephony systems across our national multi-site environment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees, mentors and provides precise leadership and direction to the Telephony engineering team.
· Generates Executive level monthly reporting to the VP of Telecommunications on enterprise Telecommunication department activities and statuses of project portfolio.
· Ensures the timely and effective resolution to any and all telephony related service issues. Acts as a point of escalation for service impacting issues and outages.
· Interacts directly with Vice President – Telecommunications and C-Level regarding all telephony related projects and initiatives.
· Manages day to day hardware and network vendor relationships to include hardware, software and circuit ordering as required.
· Will team with the VP of Telecommunications and other telecommunications department staff to develop and execute the implementation of the Enterprise network and telephony technology strategic plans and initiatives.
· Responsible for budget preparation, management and compliance for Enterprise systems and networks.
· Ensures telephony platforms are proactively maintained and complaint with best practice maintenance programs recommended by OEM providers.
· Oversees invoicing, inventory tracking, voice hardware and software acquisitions and implementations.
· Responsible for architectural design and implementation of new systems and upgrades to existing systems.
· Is accountable to ensure hardware network capacity planning is aligned with organizational growth plans and trajectories.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills to both technical and not technical audiences.
· Mature and proven experience with multi-faceted telephony technologies such as IVR, Dialer, WFM and ACDs.
· Collaborates with data network colleagues to employ and oversee voice requirements across a converged network backbone and infrastructure.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be proficient in TDM and SIP enterprise level hardware and network deployments.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; and ten (10) years relative experience. Prior Director level telephony experience in a distributed call center support role is required. Ideally, experience will include financial services organization consisting of 5,000 to 10,000 employees. Enterprise level SIP deployment experience is required. Prefer Avaya/Cisco enterprise experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to write routine business reports. Ability to speak effectively with other employees and/or customers. Ability to present formal information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, managers, employees, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Apply by creating/using account