Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Trouble Resolution Specialis
Location Arab, AL
Duration: 4 Months
The Trouble Resolution Specialist II will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Effectively balance inbound customers calls, ticket queue, renewal/upsell opportunities and Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) targets.
• Initiate diagnostics and additional testing and data gathering to resolve tickets or document information needed for next level support
• Clearly communicate the diagnostic findings/results with the customer, set customer expectation accordingly, responding to any additional questions the customer may have in a professional manner.
• Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed, and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
• Escalate Trouble Tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
• Diffuse difficult customers by reassuring customer we will work to resolve their issue in timely fashion
• Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on Trouble Ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verify resolution
• Properly code Trouble Tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
• Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
• Utilize available technology to efficiently respond to client requests
• Prioritize work to meet or exceed client expectations
• Work in partnership with other EarthLink Business service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
• Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
• Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs
• Basic Metrics:
o Meet MTTR goals of overall Trouble Tickets
o Meet LEC Referral MTTR goal
o Schedule Adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches)
o Ticket Quality Score of 75% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status)
o Meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets
o Meet monthly scorecard metrics on multiple factors including tickets resolved, calls in/out, # public notes, quality, CSAT and Renewal targets
Minimum Requirements: (Not Editable)
Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies
• Train Other Technicians as needed.
• Ability to open and close a ticket with high quality including clear documentation of steps taken for resolution.
• Work individual queue based on severity level and prioritizing work based on the customers' business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process.
• Initiate, and engage in conference calls between repair, customers, and higher level support organizations to resolve issues.
• Assist the GCC with isolating outages that are not obvious LEC issues (IPSec outages, non-geographic specific outages, etc.
• Basic Command Line Interface knowledge
• Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
• Intermediate working knowledge of Adtran/Cisco routers and switches.
• Ability to isolate layer 1 issues WAN/LANIn
In addition to the above, the Trouble Resolution position requires at least (but not limited to) three of the following:
• Intermediate knowledge of voice switch platforms including Nortel DMS, Client 5ESS and MetaSwitch (Soft switch).
• Basic scripting and debugging
• Intermediate working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Frame Relay and Ethernet.
• Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP and STATIC ROUTING.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7, MGCP, H.323, and SIP
• Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting as well as LNP process and troubleshooting
• Intermediate knowledge of Hosted Voice features including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator. (Required for Hosted Voice Role)
• Intermediate ability to evaluate client metrics such as overall bandwidth and QOS setting requirements.
• Including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator. (Required for Hosted Voice Role)
Education: (Not Editable)
• Minimum AAS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred (to include military backgrounds and Associate's degrees with additional work experience).
• 1 - 3 years of experience in a technical service, IT or help desk environment.
• CCENT or CCNA certification preferred equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.
Apply by creating/using account