Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This is Soundarya, Talent Acquisition Executive from Keshav Consulting Solutions(KCS). We have a requirement for¿ ¿ "¿Network Engineer ". If you are interested please send your updated resume to email@example.com¿
¿Tittle: Network Engineer
Duration: ¿6 months
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Under general direction, is responsible for independent work of considerable difficulty designing, implementing and managing a communications network to include local and/or wide area computer network(s) and advising a small group of network suppport specialists engaged in a variety of technical support activities such as the design, installation, testing, modification, enhancement, and maintenance of local and/or wide area computer networks; and performs related work as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (NOT INTENDED TO BE ALL INCLUSIVE):
1. Designs, acquires, installs, maintains, configures, and upgrades communications systems and network hardware (e.g. hubs, routers, switches, cabling, servers, backup systems, interface cards, printers,
modems, etc.) and software (e.g. operating systems, utility systems, security systems, etc.) to ensure the network is running at optimal performance levels.
2. Provides technical assistance and information to clients.
3. Monitors LAN/WAN data traffic to ensure that all data packets are being delivered to correct destinations.
4. Configures hubs, routers, and switches to maintain optimal performance levels.
5. Serves as the network communications administrator.
6. Researches, develops, implements, and enforces data communications security.
7. Advises management on in-house and industry trends in data communications networks.
8. Contracts with, and supervises, contracted network specialists and consultants.
9. Evaluates network communications hardware and software to ensure the products can accomplish specific tasks using a personal computer, appropriate hardware and software, and utility and development tools.
10. Remains current on job-specific knowledge and trends through training courses, workshops, seminars, and professional associations/publications.
11. Prepares informational and technical reports.
12. Serves as a liaison between the Department, Unit and other agencies, and associations to investigate and resolve communications network problems.
13. Researches and evaluates new and/or upgraded communications and network hardware and software for current or long range needs, and recommends acquisitions.
14. Works with network support specialists to ensure network backup procedures are completed properly.
15. Responds to 24-hour calls for emergency technical assistance to return network communications
programs and systems to operational mode.
16. Serves as a technical advisor on boards of national, state, and local project planning committees for law enforcement information resources.
17. Serves on committees and tasks forces for the Department.
18. Implements data wiring from punch downs to hubs to distribute activity loads using LAN management soft-ware to analyze activity per segment.
19. Maintains an accurate inventory of all network communications components to ensure inventory levels are maintained, and appropriate transfers are filed with the Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. network design concepts.
2. troubleshooting techniques on hardware and software.
3. the capabilities and operation of personal computers and network communications equipment.
4. network communications issues and service types.
5. sources of information on technological trends.
6. data wiring topologies, design, and techniques.
1. installing, configuring, and maintaining network communications equipment.
2. learning new technological trends and applying them to existing situations.
3. project management.
1. develop and maintain effective working relationships.
2. read and interpret written materials.
3. analyze information and draw valid conclusions.
4. communicate orally in one-on-one and group situations.
5. adapt to rapidly developing and changing technology.
6. effectively communicate in writing to all levels of people.
7. perform short and long range planning.
Requires four (4) years experience providing technical support to local/wide area networks including designing, installing, testing, modifying, enhancing, and maintaining a local/wide area computer network.
A Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science or related ¿field may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience. Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least Standard in th¿e¿ last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
Apply by creating/using account