Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Data Center Technician
Duration: 4 Months
The Data Center Technician is responsible for all aspects of installation, operation, maintenance, and monitoring of data center equipment and facilities equipment according to service level agreements. This position also assists customers for projects, outages and troubleshooting up to and including performing storage, server, and network equipment repairs. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. Provides 24/7 on-call support as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Physically installing and removing of servers and other devices within the data center including all cabling & power. This includes asset tagging, labeling, and inventory tracking as well as creating and/or updating site documentation.
• Performing hardware repairs such as hard drives, memory, network cards, and server build outs.
• Provide proactive and break fix support for alarm/ticket remediation related to facilities, telecom, and data center equipment. Work with vendors and customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Provides hands-on support to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment including HVAC, electrical distribution systems, UPS, Generators, Fire Suppression, and Building Security systems. Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Provides 24/7 on-call support as required-on call rotation.
• Conduct routine walkthroughs of facility. Provide customer escorts and enforce EarthLink security policies.
• Provide onsite assistance for maintenance windows as required.
Special Requirements/ Certifications:
• 1+ years' server, network, and system operator experience. General knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, Kerberos, command line and secure computing practices.
• Copper and fiber terminating, installation standards, and industry best practices
• Ability to work effectively with Excel, Word, and Visio.
• 1+ years' Microsoft Windows Server experience including working knowledge with installing and troubleshooting Windows Server, Windows & Linux/Unix operating systems.
• General knowledge of telecommunications technologies, systems, and circuits
• General knowledge of common network protocols and physical network topologies and the OSI model
• Network+, A+, or Security+ Certification preferred
• General knowledge of HVAC & Electrical distribution systems, UPS, Generators, Fire and Building Security systems operations and safety
• Demonstrated experience in industry best practices for facility equipment maintenance
• Ability to collaborate with others to solve complex problems
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated, be able to work with little or no supervision
• Must be able to sit or stand and be on the phones for extended periods of time, lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed
Apply by creating/using account