Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This is Soundarya, Talent Acquisition Executive from Keshav Consulting Solutions(KCS). We have a requirement for "Senior Software Tester". If you are interested please send your updated resume at email@example.com
Tittle: Senior Software Tester (Only locals to Raleigh, NC)
Duration: 6 Months
This position serves as a Senior Software Tester, who will be responsible for verifying and validating whether products or services meet specified requirements. The individual must be a well rounded tester - not just a Selenium automation tester, a leader/mentor with current hands-on experience (a must) has business knowledge experience, great manually tester, excellent listening skills, ability to think outside of the box, a self starter, excellent communication skills (oral and written), must exhibit/demonstrate confidence, ask in-depth questions to uncover analysis gaps, and able to work with minimal assistance. The individual must have work experience in all phases of the SDLC and worked in an agile and/or iterative environment. The Senior Software Tester will review requirements/design documents, ensures traceability of test cases to requirements, execute test scripts, and accountable for validating system quality. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, work with mnimal assistance, and the ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship within and outside the Quality Control and Testing teams. This position must interact with analysts, software engineers and management.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Ability to understand the technical and business details of the project/application/system.
2. Develop, publish and executes test plans and test scripts for complex, distributed applications throughout the project life cycle.
3. Create, execute and automate scripts for smoke, functional, regression, using Selenium
4. Create, execute and automate SOAP UI scripts - not just surface exposure.
5. Stress/performance (load) testing and security testing.
6. Create, manage and maintain efficiencies in the automated script execution and script development through the implementation of automation best practices.
7. Present process improvements to management team
8. Develops test data where needed.
9. Prepare and executes SQL commands to manage and verify data.
10. Designs, maintains, executes, and retests test cases.
11. Participate in production implementation verification.
12. Understand end user's business workflow process and job
• Articulate answers to questions, problems, resolutions and business workflow.
• Work independently, with minimal assistance and know when to escalate issues
• Candidate must exhibit/demonstrate confidence
• Ability to lead and mentor team members
• Ask in-depth questions to uncover analysis gaps
• Think outside the box, recommend new best practices
• Keep an eye on the bigger picture (aka the User's Experience) – not just the technology
• Build credibility with business stakeholders
Proficient understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
Experience with participation through all phases of the SDLC on a new project.
Hands on experience with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
Experience with creation and maintenance of Test Plan.
Experience with creation and maintenance of Automated Scripts.
Experience with creation and maintenance of Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
Performs All types of Testing (manual, usability, functional, black box, white box, regression, smoke, performance, stress, load (aka scalability), persistent layer verification, data creation, web services (SOAPUI)).
Experience with relational database (e.g. DB2, Oracle, SQL server, etc.).
Experience with data model, SQL and writing SQL queries.
Experience working with various automated testing tools like Selenium, SOAP UI, and ClearQuest.
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Strong communication skills.
Training and Experience
Minimum of five years of progressive software testing/quality control experience working with large-scale complex on-line systems, including at least three years on a large-scale web based project. Candidate must have 2 years of automated testing experience using Selenium RC or Selenium Web Driver and SOAP UI.
Apply by creating/using account