Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Works closely with IT teams to support testing strategies and activities.
• Assists in preparing and submitting testing estimates and project schedules.
• Reviews information with team lead, as needed.
• Works with the Analysts to interpret testing needs as requirements are being developed.
• Evaluates testability of business and technical requirements based on business/functional requirement document(s), use cases, user stories and/or solution design documents.
• Participates in requirement/design reviews or sprint/release planning sessions; identifies gaps and probes for detailed explanation of expectations.
• Participates in architecture and technical specification review and provides feedback on content and testability.
• Contributes to requirements traceability matrix.
• Creates test plans.
• Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts.
• Develops and/or implements reusable components.
• Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
• Assists with the identification, creation, and maintenance of test data.
• Develops interface stubs and simulators, as needed.
• Maintains new and existing object reference files.
• Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
• Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
• Provides assistance to internal and external auditors in compliance reviews.
• Executes test scripts/cases and monitors testing results.
• Monitors environments establishing thresholds and alerts.
• Assigns severity levels to each test defect discovered during the test cycle.
• Identifies technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems, solutions and products.
• Documents issues in a defect/issue tracking system with appropriate root cause analysis and escalates issues to appropriate issue owners.
• Provides root cause analysis around defects to communicate in review meetings to determine remediation status.
• Updates and/or re-executes scripts against software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
• Informs project stakeholders of execution completion and status results.
• Works with the delivery organization to identify and resolve process problems when desired service outcomes are not being met.
• Supports technical issues and upgrades as needed by various internal departments.
• Identifies and recommends automation/performance process efficiencies.
• Produces SDLC-compliant documentation during project release(s)
• Adheres to policies, procedures and standards.
• May evaluate business efficiencies and risks to make recommendations on application of testing standards.
• May evaluate and make recommendations on testing tasks in enterprise-wide processes, such as change and release management.
• Monitors and analyzes testing process metrics for continuous improvement
• Provides coaching and guidance to team members.
• Evaluates hardware/ software and/or licensing requirements based on system testing diagnostics.
• Participates in individual or group product feasibility studies to evaluate solvency of product(s), defines acceptance criteria, reports findings and participates in implementation decisions.
• Reports testing results to project team.
• Participates in lessons learned sessions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience. Typically requires a minimum of 3-6 years of solution testing and/or business experience. Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of quality assurance experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Software Testing frameworks. Knowledge of the Solution Development Methodology. Experience with different types of industry supported testing tools. Understanding of databases and solutions including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats. Thorough understanding of script execution and reporting.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years Test Engineer experience
• Experienced tester with hands-on manual testing skills and able to coordinate and guide testing efforts by working with various stakeholders.
• Experience testing applications with multi-tier architecture.
• Experience with SQL and database validations.
• Demonstrated experience documenting and executing testing policies and standards
• Strong knowledge of relevant technology, tools and software; SDLC, Desktop services, TFS, Client Test tools, or equivalent testing tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to resolve project issues effectively and efficiently
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
Apply by creating/using an account