Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Performance Testing Architect
Location: McLean, VA
Interview Mode: In-Person
Duration: 6 Months - Contract To Hire
Mandatory Skills: Performance Testing
8 - 12 years in Performance Engineering and Performance Testing Area
2 - 4 years in performance Testing Architect or Technical Lead role.
Qualified candidate (Performance Testing, Architect) is accountable to interacts with Business/ IT Sr. management and staff throughout the project life cycle, to drive and support the design, development and implementation of performance testing practices for effective systems. Also, accountable to establish standards, directions and attesting approaches to meet performance testing needs. Responsible for planning, strategies and drive to conduct performance testing of new or modified applications/systems. Provides direction and expertise to analyzes, designs new or modified performance testing needs.
Responsible for Systems Performance Engineering support tasks, leading to delivery of application systems which meet the performance and throughput requirements of business stakeholders. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility of Performance Engineering and Performance Testing Tasks for engaged projects - including strategy, estimation, planning, execution oversight, metrics reporting and risk management. Bottom-line responsibility for providing thought leadership and expertise concerning Non-Functional Testing for the team, its members and the deliverables.
- Responsible for designing, developing performance test strategies and objectives of performance tests including load, stress, endurance, fail-over and high availability.
- Responsible for coaching team members on nonfunctional performance requirements, provide directions to establish test plans, strong knowledge in performance testing life cycle, approaches to executing test cases (GUI, Web Service Request, and Back End/ DB), understanding of the data models, reporting to the test manager. Good experience in tool problem solving or debug issues.
- Responsible for selecting/maintaining and integrating the appropriate set of tools, processes and procedures to ensure overall testing efficiency and effectiveness in the operations.
- Oversight vendor manage service test team members to ensure performance test scripts and test cases are developed per the identified test scenarios and test objectives that are in line with the Service Level Agreements specified in the Non-Functional requirements document(s).
- Identify, recommend, and implement framework, strategies and toolsets to optimize test execution, expand test coverage, and reduce risk.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Development, Project Management and Users to foster a team environment.
- Produce and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around the testing performed. Manage best in class service quality and manage SLA/OLAs accordingly.
- Lead a continuous process improvement program within the team and at the project level reviewing trends, data, etc.
- Partner with Technical Project Management in the development of project plans, status communications, and the management of development software solutions.
- Monitor quality risks and escalate, as required.
- Provide regular status reporting consistent with established program governance requirements.
- Single point of contact for all deliverables from the Performance Engineering and Performance Testing team.
- Responsible for establish best practices and directions to implement service virtualization strategies across systems and test data management is a plus.
- Good understanding of best practices around CI/CD pipeline and Continuous Delivery
- 8 - 12 years in Performance Engineering and Performance Testing Area
- 2 - 4 years in performance Testing Architect or Technical Lead role.
- Proven track record in project leadership with good references.
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with Performance Center, Wiley, Client Site scope and other latest Performance Engineer & Performance Testing tools (i.e. CA Lisa Virtualization) and Open Source performance testing tools ( Apache JMeter, WebLOAD etc)
- Waterfall, V-model, Agile testing methodology experience.
- Good Presentation and communication skills. Should be a good collaborator and relationship manager.
- Tooling Certification much preferred - Experience with Quality Center and other quality tools.
- Experience with one or more coding language ( JAVA, etc) with some Development background will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication
Apply by creating/using an account