Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: System Engineer
Location: Litchfield, IL
Interview: Telephonic + Skype
Experience: 2 - 5+ Years
Duration: 12 Months +
What applications should the candidate have experience in?
Microsoft Service Fabric, C# and .NET
Cloud providers AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Monitoring tools Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Application Insights, InfluxDB, Grafana
Strong Windows background
Build Servers and Continuous Integration - Jenkins, VSTS, TravisCI, GitlabCI
Purpose of the role
• Install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of assigned technology required to operate client's infrastructure environment.
• Possess expertise in the assigned technology domain.
• Manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain.
• Install, configure and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology.
• Provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches and anti-virus updates.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues.
• Conduct performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning.
• Provide 3rd level operational support for issues escalated from Service Desk.
• Develop and maintain documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance.
These are consistent for all our staff:
• Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
• Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
• Customer focus and close alignment with the customers' business objectives.
• Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
• Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
• Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
• Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
• Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
• Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
• Adherence to the defined standards.
• Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
• Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
• Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
Skill Set Desired:
-Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
-Able to design, analyze, and troubleshoot distributed systems.
-Experience with Python, C#, or similar programming languages.
-Experience with SCM tools like Git.
-Working knowledge of automation systems like Jenkins, VSTS, TravisCI, GitlabCI and implementing continuous integration pipelines.
-Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Academic and professional qualifications
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant technical experience.
• Typically requires 2 - 5 years of experience. Detailed technical knowledge is dependant on the
specific client product Development Center requirements.
• Depends upon the project/program needs.
• Hours required to complete projects/assignments
Apply by creating/using an account