Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Sr. Quality Engineer
Location: Burlington, MA
Interview: Telephonic + Inperson
Experience: 7+ Years
Duration: 12 Months +
Skills : Manual Testing, UI Testng, SQL Queries, ( Automation Tetsing exp is not mandatory)
Purpose of the role
Responsible for helping ensure product quality, through the planning and execution of: 1) product testing, and/or 2) process/product standards compliance. This person may have direct involvement in manual or automated test efforts or in developing and managing compliance to standards for process or product quality. Depending on the need and skill level, there may be more technical and/or planning and leadership dimensions to this role.
Where applicable, participates in process improvement project according to an approved business case and budget.
Participates in identifying requirements for and procuring necessary test tools.
• Assure product quality through the development of 'net-new' manual or automated test scripts. This effort should maximize the ROI while minimizing quality risks. Output consistent with department's guidelines.
• Assure process quality and consistency through development or adherence to guidelines and standards appropriate to product and industry and/or development life cycle.
• Leverage (if necessary, develop) metrics-based governance, relevant reporting and audit mechanisms. Assist project manager in identifying data to maintain, and KPIs to analyze and report against.
• When involved in testing, ensure test design is traceable to requirement and achieves a high level of requirement and test execution coverage. Continuously improve test scripts and product coverage. Complete all updates test cases, test scripts, test harnesses, test guidelines according to schedule.
• Execute all assigned testing, whether manual or automated, according to schedule and any productivity targets committed.
• Support root cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress; communicate the plans and results effectively to drive change. Collect and analyze data and other findings, according to plans.
• Produce reports that are clear, effective, insightful, and traceable – whether for defects discovered during test or non-compliance issues found during a process review or audit. Utilize existing tracking systems, report mechanisms, agreed conventions, and metrics when preparing and providing such reports.
• Escalate concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way.
• Knowledgeable and conversant in defect prevention and associated tools and methodologies.
• Participate in improvement initiatives. Develop Quality Assurance plans or Test Plans and embed appropriate activities as part of project/product development plans.
• Objectively evaluate processes and products against applicable standards, and procedures.
• Participate in defect reviews or other project efforts, providing clear status when needed.
Skill Set Desired:
• Must have senior-level functional testing experience. Typically, this requires 4-8 years of experience. Experience must include testing .Net, 3-tier applications and working with SQL from a testing perspective. Experience must also include working with industry-standard test management software to write detailed test cases and execute them manually.
• Must have previously functioned within a scrum team in an Agile development environment
• Should have experience with Testing Automation either working with automation engineer to automate manual test cases or in automating test cases.
• Could have experience testing in various environments including hosted/cloud, SaaS, stand-alone
Academic and professional qualifications
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Program of study is
mandatory. Relevant postgraduate qualifications and professional memberships will be
preferred. It is essential that a person at this level proactively maintain awareness of test
and/or quality standards to improve product or process quality.
• This person will meet the work and professional experience requirements in this field that
are appropriate for this level.
• Travel would not be a core requirement for this position.
• A person working at this level would be based from one of the primary development or
testing locations and would maintain regular working hours appropriate for the location.
Apply by creating/using an account