Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Food Regulatory Compliance Specialist
The position's primary function provides technical support to Customers, Food Safety, Marketing, Supply Chain and R&D as well as to ensure that regulatory, nutritional, and food safety documentation/ programs comply with global requirements. Provides technical support for variety of activities related to new product development, product reformulations and other regulatory issues as they arise. Apply and develop knowledge and experience of regulations, foods and nutrition, and, as appropriate, scientific assessment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for best practices for personal time management for organizational and team collaboration in order to meet multiple timelines for customers, food safety and regulatory strategy.
• Provide accurate and timely technical service support to all internal and external company customers -Provides support to R&D, Purchasing, QA, Food Safety, Marketing by completing information requests by customers, both domestic and international.
• Development of nutritional panels and ingredient statements for all new products as well as review and verification of nutritional and ingredient/packaging information of existing products ensuring data is current and accurate
• Participate in Vendor Approval process for raw materials and packaging as directed; update forms, communicate with vendors, purchasing and product development, track progress/ follow up, maintain all related documentation.
• Maintenance and review of Certificates of Analysis program
• Compile data and document accordingly for the development of individual product specification sheets and raw material specifications as needed.
• When required, reviews product claims (ingredient, nutrient, and provenance) for use and approval in the intended market. Ensures legal compliance for all regulatory requirements. Process will vary based on product status (retail or foodservice) and the market locations intended for distribution.
• Maintain electronic files for labeling software including NLEA, allergen and ingredient statements.
• When required, reviews package graphic proofs for all requisite information (ingredient statements, net weights, font size and placement, etc.) via an internal electronic packaging approval process and provide audit support for existing labels
• Review and approve entries to ESHA/Genesis data as well as update costing with each new fiscal year
• Responsible for maintaining centralized document management systems for Regulatory Affairs, Food Safety, when required.
• Maintain Kosher, Organic, GMO/Vegan and gluten free documentation and programs.
• Collaborate with teams regarding Shelf Life/Sensory studies for new items and established items and maintain data, records, and reports for Shelf Life studies.
• Assist in Associate Training program utilizing Alchemy software
• Will participate in other regulatory projects as needed.
Apply by creating/using account