Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Performs functions directed towards controlling incoming ingredient quality, finished product quality, and overall quality control and sanitation programs and special projects.
1. Evaluates incoming products and finished products for quality and acceptability as needed depending on the schedules and availability of other technicians.
2. Communicates product quality issues to shipping, production supervisors, production managers and QC manager.
3. Helps maintain safe and clean work environment of the QC areas and of the plant. Proactively provides supervisory assistance in maintaining plant sanitation at a very high level.
4. Maintains analysis records and documents (spec sheets, certificates of analysis, etc.) with respect to incoming raw materials and finished products necessary for documentation compliance.
5. Audits the proper completion of the analysis records and documents from point 4 above by other technicians.
6. Assists with procedure writing and food safety programs checklist generation.
7. Assists with all independent or customer audits, assists with preparation for such audits.
8. Assists the QC manager with Customer Complaint investigations, corrective action plans, and generation of response letters to customers.
9. Active member of the HACCP team as well as the safety committee.
10. Evaluates returned products and generates quality control reports related to returned products.
11. Generates the end of the month QC and Sanitation Report.
12. Assists QC manager and QC staff with rejection investigation and rejection trend analysis. Helps with root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
13. Assists QC manager with plant food safety training sessions ( ex. HACCP, GMPs, Allergens).
14. Assists with the scheduling of waste pick-ups and outside pest control company activities and supervises such activities.
15. Heads the plant and QC equipment calibration program and assures checks and calibrations are performed as scheduled, faculty equipment is either not being used or is being repaired in timely manner.
16. Performs monthly plant audit and insures corrective actions have been instituted.
17. Performs any additional tasks / special projects assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the above functions satisfactorily. The required levels of knowledge, skill and ability are described in greater detail in the following sections. Must consistently demonstrate a high degree of initiative and be action-oriented. Must be proactive.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree preferred with formal training and course work in science disciplines such as Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related. Food plant experience with 3-5 years of work experience in related field that is FDC industry- Food, Drug, or Cosmetic and knowledge of GMP and HACCP related topics is required. Excellent math skills as well as general knowledge of statistical data analysis is required. Strong user abilities for PCs and PC software packages (MS Office). Experience with SPC( Statistical Process Control) preferred.
Ability to give and receive thorough instructions and communicate effectively with supervisors and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Statistical data analysis, good knowledge of MS office and graphical analysis. Able to work with cost management and cost- related data.
Must be able to solve common problems in a number of concrete standard situations; to give instructions; to create or interpret various reports.
Able to supervise QC staff for required work. Able to lead and supervise non-QC staff as needed in problem resolution, remedial and corrective actions. Able to function as the QC manager in the absence of QC manager.
Apply by creating/using account