Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: Title Assistant Level I - Position Summary
No contact with customers:
Loan Officer exposure / experience
Customer Service Oriented
The Title Assistant is responsible for assisting the Title Examiners in the production of title products, inclusive of setting up new orders, ordering and sending out tax certificates, and assisting in product revisions. The Title Assistant is also responsible for helping internal and external customers/clients in the maintenance of those products. Requires 1 - 3 years experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist and work directly with title examiners in the production of professional, error free and timely title insurance products. The product depends on the department the employee is located in and/or at the direction of their manager. This position may also include the production of Ownership and Encumbrance reports (O & E’s).
• Assist the title examiners in the maintenance of the title products. This may include but is not limited to preparing revised products, sending out copies of additional documents, tax certificates or other items.
• The production and maintenance of the title products and or policies must be completed in a timely fashion. The time will vary with departments and client demands. The title manager will communicate with the title assistant and the department as to what constitutes a timely fashion. If the title assistant can not meet the deadline specified, they must communicate to the appropriate parties and their manager that the product will be delayed and when it can be expected.
• The production of O & E’s either verbal or written.
• The product must be as error free as is possible. The title assistant should strive for 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
• Answer the phone calls directed to their department and to field those calls either by helping the client directly or by directing the call to an examiner or title officer. The call may require further research by the title assistant in order to assist the client.
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times to our internal and external clients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May be assigned special key accounts and may occasionally need to resolve client complaints and problems with appropriate management personnel.
• May be requested to do a courthouse search or other task at the county, which involves driving either their vehicle or a company vehicle. They must maintain a current driver’s license and insurance.
• Training of other or new employees.
• This position may require the employee to be a back up receptionist at the main desk.
• Continue to learn by taking internal and/or external classes offered by the company.
• Maintain and follow the policies set out in the personnel manual.
• Assist as needed and any other projects, tasks and/or duties as assigned.
Minimum of 1 - 3 years experience in an office or other retail type industry involving client interaction. Position requires broad knowledge of Microsoft Word and Windows based programs. High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to be flexible. Candidate must be familiar with the usage of various office equipment such as fax machines, copy machine, 10 key calculator, and must possess computer skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee is required to talk and hear, and use hands to finger keyboard, telephone and handle other objects. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. Vision required for this job includes close vision (clear vision within 20 inches).
Written and verbal skills
Identifying the clients viewpoint and needs
Projecting a positive company image
Complaint and problem resolution
Timely and effective responsiveness
Apply by creating/using account