Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client, a major investment bank has an immediate opening for:
a VP - Risk Management Regulatory Oversight who protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by the company's lending and trading counterparties.
Background on the Position
The role will reside within Firm Risk Management's (FRM) COO function, which covers a broad array of areas including financial and resource management, regulatory relationship management, project management of key regulatory initiatives, governance and policies and procedures.
The Central Regulatory Function team oversees the development of FRM policies and procedures and governance framework globally. The team is also responsible for tracking and reporting progress of regulatory deliverables as well as managing regulatory exams and internal audits.
Its key functions are to establish FRM policy and governance standards and to spearhead remediation projects related to regulatory and audit findings. The group works in close collaboration with subject matter experts across all areas in FRM, as well as other departments within the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience in risk management and knowledge of risk and finance issues related to trading and lending activities, and familiarity with Fed, OCC, SEC regulations. This position offers opportunities to gain exposure to all aspects of FRM and to senior risk managers.
-Analyze key upcoming regulatory guidance to assess level of compliance with current practice
-Create and maintain regulation inventory for FRM
-Produce initial regulatory reviews and submit Self-Assessment proposals to the Review and Challenge panel of the FRM Regulatory Risk Committee
- Liaise with the Regulatory Affairs Group and participate in industry discussions and reviews to keep abreast of latest regulatory developments
- Produce regular updates on regulatory and industry news for management
- Compile concise presentation focusing on key regulatory aspects affecting FRM
-Facilitate the Firm's communication with regulators regarding risk management related issues
- Help coordinate FRM timely and accurate delivery of regulatory requests, liaising with the different functions of the banks including the different Risk Management functions
-Determine, initiate and help execute various self-assessments related to regulatory and audit remediation efforts
- Prepare and animate the FRM regulatory self-assessment committees including the review & challenge panels
- Assign subject matter experts and project manager for each remediation initiatives
- Produce regular status reporting on self-assessment and remediation efforts for the regulators and management
Skills & Experience
-5+ years experience in the financial industry
- Experience and understanding of financial market and bank lending asset classes
- Proven experience in regulatory coverage for large bank including the determination of regulatory applicability
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory landscape with experience in U.S initiatives (e.g. CCAR, SCCL, CECL, Internal Model Validation, SR guidance …)
-Experience interacting with large bank/securities regulators (e.g. FRB, OCC, SEC, PRA, Client, CFTC)
- Experience in Financial Risk strongly preferred (e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk …)
- Understanding of legal & compliance concepts
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior management
- Advanced ability to create clear presentations for senior management
-Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
-Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
-Superior analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
-Proven leadership ability with strong relationship building and client management skills
-Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
-Intellectual curiosity with a focus on information sharing
- Plus: JD, FRM, CFA
Apply by creating/using account
BOND STREET GROUP
Connecting Talent with Opportunity!